Looking to enter the Artificial Intelligence (AI) profession? Or advance in the field? Join the Artificial Intelligence Academy.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Academy at NC State University offers industry credentials and paid apprenticeships to individuals interested in entering or advancing in the emerging field of AI. While completing online coursework for one of two certificate options, apprentices work at least 20 hours per week with industry partners.
Why AI Academy?
- No cost because industry partners or sponsoring companies cover cost for coursework
- Receive salary for 20-hour-per-week apprenticeship for duration of the program
- Complete all coursework 100% online in less than one year
- Learn from nationally recognized experts in AI
- Open to individuals with backgrounds in CS or IT anywhere in the U.S.
- Professionals currently working in computer science (CS) or information technology (IT) fields
- Unemployed or underemployed individuals who have a combination of experience in CS or IT and coursework or a degree
- Individuals from underrepresented groups, veterans and other transitioning military populations
Two levels of training and certifications:
- 20 weeks of a part-time paid apprenticeship
- Two online courses: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining
- For participants who complete the Basic AI track or for individuals already working in entry-level AI positions who want to deepen their expertise
- 20 weeks of a part-time paid apprenticeship for those not currently working in AI
- Two online courses: Machine Learning and Human Computer Interaction
Connect With UsSign Up to Receive AI Academy Updates
Applications opened in early April 2020. The application process includes an assessment of your educational background, skills and experiences. If you are not already working with a sponsoring industry partner, you will also interview with a potential industry partner for the apprenticeship.