Interested in preparing the workforce of the future for your company? Have you considered growing your own talent to fill critical AI positions? Register your employees for the Artificial Intelligence Academy.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Academy is a Department of Labor funded Apprenticeships: Closing the Skills Gap Program with the goal of upskilling and retraining 5,000 individuals across the U.S. to enter the AI profession. There is no better time than now to invest in your own talent to grow your organization’s capacity to meet the changing demands of the workforce, including continuously innovating your approach to reaching your clients and their needs.
Did you know that 94% of employees state they would stay longer at a company if the organization invested in their personal learning and development (LinkedIn Workplace Learning Report, 2019)? Additionally, LinkedIn currently has posted over 17,000 open positions within AI careers in the U.S. These range from areas such as autonomous systems, machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, natural language processing, data analytics, business intelligence, and telemedicine.
How the AI Academy Works
If your company is interested in providing a setting for one or more apprentices to work with your AI professionals, but you may not have a need to have your employees participate, we are always looking for new partners who are willing to host the AI Academy apprentices.
- Data Scientist – 20 weeks, two courses: Computer Programming with Python and Data Mining.
- Artificial Intelligence Associate – 20 weeks, two courses: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
How Do I Get Started?
The first step to acquiring more information on the AI Academy is to connect with program staff who can guide you through the process. Please contact Dr. Carla Johnson, AI Academy Executive Director to learn more.
Some things that will help expedite your next steps for enrolling your employee(s) in the program are as follows:
- Complete the paperwork to become an employer partner with the AI Academy.
- Identify the individuals and ask them to visit www.ai-academy.ncsu.edu to complete the AI Academy Apprenticeship Application.
- Identify the AI professional internally who will serve as the mentor to the participating person OR if one is not available, indicate this when you speak with the AI Academy staff and a partnering company will be identified that can host your employee. Note: You will be required to continue to pay your employee and provide release time for them to go and work at least 5 hours per week with their mentor.